That feeling when you have a fresh coat of self tanner feels so good and can make you feel really good about yourself. However, it is no secret thatself tannerThe face is tough, so here are some methods to help you get the best self-tanner on your face.
- The best way to apply self tanner to your face - like I usually do!
- How to tan your face with mousse?
- How to self-tan your face with a mist?
- How to self-tanning the face with drops?
- How to self-tan your face with lotion?
- Do I need any additional products to self-tan my face correctly?
- final thoughts
The best way to apply self tanner to your face - like I usually do!
Before you begin, it's important to understand that there is no "perfect" way to tan your face, and what works for you might not work for someone else. We're all individual and different, so our skin won't tick the same boxes. The methods listed in this article are just a few ideas to get you started, but remember, if you have your own method that already works perfectly for you, stick with it!
In my personal opinion, my favorite method of applying self-tanner to my face is with mousse. After applying it to the rest of my body, I like to use my self-tanning mitt to evenly spread the mousse over my skin, making sure to cover all areas well enough and not leave streaks. If this is the method you choose, be sure to blend it in between your face and neck as well so that there are no smudges on your jaw line or chin areas.
After a few days, I usually notice that the tan on my face has disappeared much faster than the rest of my body. This is due to the fact that the skin on the face is washed much more often and a lot of different products are applied to it. I don't like having a pale face and a dark body, so I have a quick fix for that.
I take Collistarself-tanning drops and use with a brushto blend some extra tan on my face. It's like it's always been so dark!
How to tan your face with mousse?
As mentioned above, there are many different ways to apply self tanner to your face, and the method you use also depends on the type of self tanner you are using. A self tanning mousse is probably the most popular choice for face and body tanning because it's been around for a long time and many brands have managed to perfect their mousse formulas better than others. Here are some skills you need to tan your face with a mousse:
- Start with freshly groomed skin that is smooth for the mousse to blend in, and use a mitt to begin slowly and carefully working in the product. After covering the entire face, wait the time specified on the product packaging and rinse. Finish with a little moisturizer and voila!
- Always use a self-tanning mitt or brush (depending on which you prefer) when self-tanning on your face, not your hands, to ensureno streaks or stains. You can also invest in a mini self-tanning mitt designed for your face, like the one linked later in this article.
- Your tan will fade after a few days, so consider using self-tanning drops, a mist or something similar to complement this and keep your face flush with the rest of your body.
- Be sure to mix the tan up to your neck and with any other self tanner you have for a flawless finish.
- Apply the mousse to your face at the same time as you self-tan the rest of your body and this will give you an even color and save you time.
How to self-tan your face with a mist?
Self-tanning mists are a relatively new concept, looking like a clear face or body spray when in the bottle, building up over a few hours after contact with the skin. One of the best things about them is that they don't create too much of a mess because they are transparent. This is how you can use them to tan your face:
- Start by preparing your skin by washing it, exfoliating if necessary, and start with a fresh, clean canvas. Simply use the Self Tanning Mist to spritz onto your face, making sure it covers all areas of your face. Wait a few hours while the color develops and voila!
- You can use a self-tanning mitt to mix the spray together after you apply it, as this ensures that you cover your entire face and leave no streaks.
- Be sure to focus on where you haven't sprayed yet, because there isn't a color guide to tell you that like there are for other self-tanning methods.
- You can reapply this face mist a few days later in the same way to make sure you keep your tan and don't fade.
- Be sure to use a face-specific self-tanning spray (some are made for the body and some are for both), so make sure yours is safe to use on your face.
How to self-tanning the face with drops?
If you haven't already seen these powerful self-tanning drops making waves in the beauty industry, they are designed primarily for use on the face and can be mixed with a daily moisturizer, serum or something similar. If you're interested in this easy and hassle-free tanning option, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Most brands recommend that you mix the drops with a moisturizer, serum, or any other skincare product you use on your face. By that they mean put some of the product in your hand and mix some of the tanning drops in your hand and then apply it to your face.
- You must wash your hands after application as the tanning drops can still stain your hands and leave a tan patch in the middle of your hand.
- You can use them regularly to develop a solid tan. If you think it's getting too dark, consider applying less often, like every two or three days.
- Many people also choose to use self-tanning drops a few days after applying their initial tan with a mousse or lotion to maintain their tan, as it fades faster than the rest of the body.
How to self-tan your face with lotion?
When it comes to lotions, they are often very good for the face, as you can evenchoose a gradual bronzer and apply it a few days lateryour first complete self-tanner and use it to maintain your glow.
If you're looking for ways to self-tan your face with aself tanning lotionHere are some tips and tricks:
- Again, you want to start with a fresh, makeup-free face and apply your chosen lotion all over your face, using an application mitt or brush, making sure to cover your entire face evenly. Wait until the lotion dries and needs to develop, follow these instructions on the package. If not, apply any makeup and you are ready to conquer the day!
- You can use a day lotion to tan your face if you are worried about appointments. something like himarenas bondiThe GLO lotion is easy to apply, takes no time to build, lasts all day, yet can still be washed off with soap and water.
- Make sure the color you're wearing matches the rest of your body. You can always consider a gradual tanning lotion that can be built up every day until you reach your desired color.
Do I need any additional products to self-tan my face correctly?
When it comes to self-tanning your face, you want to do everything you can to make the application easier and more even, so using your hands isn't always the best option. Some people like to use their hands to apply their self-tanner to their face, but there can be issues like transferring dirt from your hands onto your face or simply not blending the tan.
One option that is good, specifically for the face, is an application brush. This one from Real Techniques costs $17.20 and is basically a makeup brush that you can use to blend your self tanner much easier. Due to its soft bristles, it does not drag the tan on the skin or leave marks.
buy on amazonLast update on 2022-09-02
If you click Buy on Amazon and make a purchase, I'll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Another option that is also popular for self-tanning the body is a glove. This set here is only $6.96 and comes with a regular self-tanning mitt and a mini one that is perfect for using on your face and can get into small areas.
stusgo Self-tanning handle Self-tanning handles Self-tanning handle applicator Aerosol tanning handle with self-tanning handle applicator for pulgar and face Self-tanning handle applicator, tanning gel for self-tanning handle
- High-quality Material: The waterproof inner layer of the self-tanning gloves prevents self-tanning products from getting into your hands, so your palms won't be stained. The super-soft, velvety outer layer evenly distributes your favorite self-tanner for a streak-free tan. The self tanning gloves are carefully sewn with the highest quality stitches. makes your skin absorb lotions faster and more evenly, without stretch marks, get a perfect tan.
- High Quality Material: The waterproof inner layer of self tanning gloves prevents self tanning products from soaking your hands, not staining your palms. The super-soft, velvety outer layer evenly distributes your favorite self-tanner for a streak-free tan. The self tanning gloves are carefully sewn with the highest quality stitches. makes your skin absorb lotions faster and more evenly, without stretch marks, get a perfect tan.
buy on amazonLast updated on 2022-10-16
If you click Buy on Amazon and make a purchase, I'll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Self-tanning the face is possibly the most difficult area, as there are so many different bumps and cracks that need to be fixed. While I've mentioned the methods above and explained how I enjoy self-tanning, there's no one way that's perfect for everyone, so you can find your own method that works best for you.
What is the best thing to use to apply self-tanner? ›
Rubber gloves are a great alternative to applying self-tanner without a tanning mitt because they provide a clean and easy application that protects your hands. They also won't absorb any self-tanner like a mitt does, saving you some additional product.Do you put face tanner on before or after moisturizer? ›
4. Apply Moisturizer Before Tanner. After exfoliating your body, continue the prepping process by applying a moisturizer. You shouldn't apply self-tanner without moisturizing first, because skipping out on this prep step could potentially leave you with patchy color — this goes for your face and the rest of your body.Can you mix self-tanner with moisturizer for face? ›
Do: Mix in some moisturizer. This is our best trick. If you use one pump tanner, one pump moisturizer your chances of being orange and blotchy are very slim. Mixing in moisturizer creates a more subtle glow, which after a few applications, will amount to your perfect tan!Do you use St Tropez face mist before or after moisturizer? ›
Before using the St. Tropez face mist, simply follow through with your regular skincare routine (cleanse, tone, moisturise – you know the drill). We also recommend exfoliating the skin with a gentle, oil-free face scrub once a week, for a smooth, flawless finish.Should I moisturise my face before fake tan? ›
Skin that has been moisturised results in an even fake tan.
Applying moisturiser to the whole body the day before your tan can really help to build the right base for the application of sunless tanning creams or before having a spray tan.